Monday, June 23, 2008

Stoney Creek Metropark

My mom's group does a thing during the summer called "playground of the week", and this week was at stoney creek.  We had a good time playing, then Megan and I decided to go for a bike ride.  I towed the kids in the trailer.  It was all downhill from there, or maybe uphill is more appropriate!  I got a flat tire, so we stopped at the beach and filled it up.  Then we got about half way around the 6 mile trail (it seemed like it was all uphill) and the sky turned pitch black, and the thunder was right on top of us.  We turned around and got caught in the rain just before we made it to the beach again.  My tire was flat again, but we waited out the storm, then high-tailed it back to winter cove where our car was.  On the way home, Megan and I decided that no matter how miserable we were at the moment, we would laugh about it later.  Are you laughing yet, Megan???



1 comment:

megbax said...

I have to say stoney was a blast even though we got wet and had to ride back to the car in the rain. But I have to say it didn't stop me for making it back to the car.